The Privacy Act exempts the political activities of political representatives, however the Australian Greens MPs value protecting your privacy and in doing so follow current Australian best practice guidelines and the spirit and intent of the Privacy Act 1988 to ensure your privacy is protected. Whilst all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure your safety and privacy, users are advised that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet.
Personal information provided to the Australian Greens MPs and information collected through this website will not be disclosed to any other third party unless one of the following applies:
- the individual has consented;
- the individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies;
- it is required or authorised by law;
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health or;
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
The Australian Greens MPs will never share, re-publish or otherwise make public personal information received through this website without first obtaining permission.
When an individual browses our website, our systems makes a record of the individual's visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the individual's server address;
- the individual's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .org, .au, etc);
- the pages the individual accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site the individual visited and;
- the type of browser being used.
We do not identify users or their browsing activities except, in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the internet service provider's server logs.
Email suggestion function
Several areas of this website allow for visitors to suggest, forward or otherwise contact other members of the public in relation to content published here. These features are provided purely for the use of informing the public to information that may be of interest. The Australian Greens MPs do not hold any responsibility for the content, frequency or privacy concerns of these recommendations.
Individuals who choose to join our email lists will have their contact details stored on a secure database. Staff members have access to our website's administration system which is password protected. Our website server is also securely password protected.
When an individual's email address is received by us because they sent us a message, the email address will be used or disclosed for the purpose for which they have provided it. Email addresses collected via this website and its features may be used in associated mailing lists. All correspondence sent to email lists from the Australian Greens MPs includes clear links to unsubscribe options.
Our website uses session cookies during a search query of the website and when an individual accesses various sections of greensmps.org.au. When an individual closes their browser the session cookie set by our website is destroyed and no personal information is maintained which might identify an individual should they visit our website at a later date.
Whilst every attempt has been made to protect visitors privacy, the Australian Greens MPs accept no fault if these systems result in a breach of privacy.
Read our Disclaimer for more information