I give notice that on the next day of sitting I shall move that
The Senate –
- the Government’s recent announcement that it plans to spend $730 million on the Next Generation Technologies Fund, which has been touted as a “war chest” to help create “super troops” in the Australian Defence Force;
- the Government’s cognitive dissonance in committing nearly three quarters of a billion dollars to defence flights of fancy while maintaining the mantra that Australia needs to “live within its means”;
- the Government’s cuts to schools, hospitals and investments in public infrastructure, and its proposed cuts to Australia’s social safety net;
- Calls on the Australian Government to:
- Spend $730 million on schools, hospitals and public infrastructure, as well as protecting and enhancing Australia’s social safety net, rather than a slush fund for unnecessary and wasteful military spending.
Senator Scott Ludlam