I move that the Senate:
1. thanks those who fought to protect homes, properties and wildlife during the devastating Sampson Flat bushfires in South Australia during January 2015;
2. recognises the outstanding contribution of South Australia's Country Fire Service personnel in keeping residents safe and bringing the fire under control in challenging conditions;
3. commiserates with those who lost their homes, properties and pets as a result of the fire;
4. celebrates the depth of the South Australian community's response to the Sampson Flat bushfires, as demonstrated by the outpouring of support for those affected by the fires; and
5. calls on the Federal and South Australian State Governments to ensure the SA Country Fire Service has adequate funding for volunteer training, equipment and operations.