Senate Standing Committee on Environment and Communications
Answers to questions on notice
Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities portfolio
Supplementary Budget Estimates, October 2012
Program: Division or Agency: 5.1: HWD Question
Topic: National Heritage Strategy
Senator Ludlam asked:
1. Further to 95 submissions being received by 15 June 2012, please outline the expected timeline from here and when it is expected that the Strategy will be released.
2. What will a National Heritage Strategy mean in concrete terms for Australian heritage.
3. How will the successive cuts to the Heritage department impact on the ability for national oversight of any strategy.
1. The timing of release of the final strategy has not yet been determined.
2. The contents of the strategy are still being developed.
3. See response to question 2.