We give notice that on the next day of sitting we shall move that -
The Senate notes:
1. The concern of communities in South Australia and Western Australia about their land and water being threatened by shale and other unconventional gas mining.
2. That landholders lack the legal right to refuse shale and other unconventional gas mining on their land.
3. The scientific uncertainty surrounding the environmental and health implications of hydraulic fracturing ('fracking') for shale and other unconventional gas mining.
The Senate calls on the Federal Government to:
1. Ban the use of fracking by the unconventional gas industry across Australia
2. Support the Australian Greens' bill to give landholders the legal right to refuse shale and other unconventional gas mining on their land.
Senator Penny Wright, Senator Sarah Hanson-Young, Senator Scott Ludlam and Senator Larissa Waters