The Australian Greens have reached a constructive, consensus agreement that will see it partner with the NSW Greens to undertake a formal and independent review of Greens NSW structures and processes including complaints processes and the Greens NSW Constitution.
This resolution will help to ensure the integrity of the NSW review and facilitate healing within the NSW Party Room.
The review process is consistent with Greens founding principles and constitution, by empowering both MPs and grassroots members of the NSW Greens to be actively involved in the process.
We thank the National Council, the NSW Greens, and Leader of the Australian Greens Dr Richard Di Natale for their hard work in a constructive and deliberative process that has led to this promising outcome.
National Council has resolved to:
• Support the NSW Greens with its plan to undertake a formal and independent review of Greens NSW structures and processes
• Establish a panel comprising the National Co-Convenors, a Greens NSW nominee, and an Australian Greens Elder to build a comprehensive and robust terms of reference
• Ensure that NSW Greens grassroots members are engaged throughout the review, with a clear process for involving members in the implementation of recommendations
• Ensure the review hands down recommendations by 1 August 2019, and makes all decisions via consensus
• Affirm the NSW Greens motion requesting that Jeremy Buckingham stand aside from the Upper House ticket for the 2019 state election
- Willisa Hogarth, Catherine Garner
Australian Greens Co-Convenors