The National Security inquiry
Our biggest test will be defeating the Government’s total surveillance proposals, recently referred to the Joint Parliamentary Committee on Intelligence and Security.
Among other things, these proposals include:
• surveillance of Twitter and facebook accounts,
• criminalising encryption; witholding computer passwords,
• ASIO stop-and-search powers,
• ASIO powers to plant or destroy information on computers without notification
• two year data retention across all platforms, for everyone.
What you can do:
- Contact the Minister Roxon and tell her what you think
Email : email@example.com
Post: Parliament House, Canberra ACT 2600
Ph : 02 6277 7300 Fax: 02 6273 4102
- Download and share the leaflet - available here .
- Visit the committee’s web page (http://ow.ly/cjtJv) to see the submissions to the Inquiry
- Follow the debate on twitter at #natsecinquiry and spread the word.
- Email us to get a campaign badge via Trish.Cowcher@aph.gov.au
Who watches the watchers?
It looks as though we all have to.
https://www.efa.org.au/ http://www.privacy.org.au/ http://www.accan.org.au/ http://pirateparty.org.au/
crikey.com.au zdnet.com delimiter.com.au