- Phase one of Denticare is complete. See our Denticare for Kids information page to see if your child is eligible.
- Australia's oral health is poor and getting worse. Less than half of Australians have good oral health and dental visiting patterns, largely due to the high cost of dental treatment, and a third of people say they can't afford to go to the dentist.
- Untreated dental disease has has huge impacts on people and on our health system. Up to 10% of GP visits are due to poor dental health, and more than 60,000 potentially avoidable hospital visits a year are due to dental issues.
- Bringing dental into Medicare will improve the health of Australians, boost productivity and enhance the quality of life of millions of people.
- Last year the Greens achieved phase one of Denticare: more than $4 billion to implement Denticare for Kids and extra public dental funding.
Latest on Denticare
04 May 2016
29 Aug 2013