You can join us by submitting your video here!
Here's some information to help you prepare your video
That means Minister Burke needs to bring a Plan to the Parliament that will:
- Return 4000GL to the river as recommended by the best available science and experts like the Wentworth Group, the Goyder Institute and peak environmental scientists across Australia.
- Ensure that unhealthy levels of salt do not build up in the system. That means flushing through at least 2 million tonnes of salt and pollutants out the Murray Mouth every year and keeping the Murray Mouth continuously open without dredging.
- Incorporate the growing impact of climate change as we know there will be drier times ahead.
- Look after the biodiversity of the system by making sure that the decline of native waterbirds, fish, red gums, flora and fauna is halted and environmental resilience is improved for inevitable future droughts.
- Protect our precious groundwater resources by not creating even more imbalance through the system by increasing groundwater extraction.
- Return enough water to prevent and rectify acidification of Lakes Albert and Alexandrina.
- Restore our internationally recognised Ramsar-listed wetlands to good health, including the unique and irreplaceable Coorong, Lower Lakes and flood plains.