The Australian Greens are members of the Australian Political Exchange Council and this gives us the opportunity to send young political leaders on overseas exchange.
Three exchange programs are open to the Australian Greens in 2011:
- Participation in a delegation to the United States of America from 26 March to 6 April *please note the closing date for applications below*;
- Participation in a delegation to Vietnam from 27 July to 2 August; and
- An individual study tour for a delegate to travel to the United Kingdom, the United States of America or New Zealand for up to 30 nights. This visit must be completed prior to 31 December 2011.
Applications are welcomed from all Australian Greens party members, state/federal party employees and state/federal parliamentary employees who are aged between 25 and 40 years.
Applicants should be politically active individuals who have the potential to make a significant contribution to political life and the development of the Australian Greens.
Delegates have a role as representatives of Australia, the Australian Political Exchange Council, as well as the Australian Greens political party and will be expected to conduct themselves professionally.
Trips are funded by the Australian Political Exchange Council, including flights, accommodation and a small travelling allowance.
Successful applicants are required to submit a written report to the Australian Greens Party Room within 1 month of the completion of their exchange.
To apply please submit your CV and a brief letter indicating which delegation you are applying for and addressing the following selection criteria:
- A demonstrated commitment to the Australian Greens and the Global Greens;
- An understanding of how this experience might develop your personal and professional skills as a young political leader;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A working knowledge of Australian Greens policies and positioning on federal political issues, as well as general current affairs; and
- Applicants for the study tour should provide an outline of their proposed trip including: which country you would nominate to visit; what topic you would be investigating; potential meetings and activities you would undertake; how your study tour would contribute to the success of the Australian Greens.
Applications for the United States delegation close 1pm Friday 11th February.
Applications for the Vietnam delegation & the individual study tour close 5pm 25th February 2011.
Please submit applications to: Emma Bull, Office of Senator Bob Brown, SG112 Parliament House, Canberra ACT 2600 firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Emma Bull, 02 6277 3762.